Thursday, November 8, 2012

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It.

Happy Friday Eve! I'm back again for another week of Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. with Stephanie and Katie.

 
I'm just gonna go ahead and let you know that I don't have a super cute craft to bring you this week like Ang's Christmas tree skirt. So just go ahead and lower your expectations for me, ok? Thanks :)

Instead of a craft, I'm bringing you a delicious recipe this week...Lowfat Sausage Cheese Egg Muffins! I don't know about you but I like to stay in bed until the last possible second every morning--especially this week because D and I refuse to turn the heat on! So I'm always looking for a breakfast that I can grab on my way out the door. Awhile back I saw
this pin on Pinterest. It looked easy enough so I decided to give it a shot.

Here's what you need:


1 pkg of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
1.5 cups egg beaters
3/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart
1/2 cup skim milk
Couple shakes of garlic powder
*The original recipe calls for a pinch of red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder but I couldn't find those in our spice cabinet. Guess they're either still packed somewhere or I threw them away when I got tired of packing towards the end of the move. Oh well!*

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. Combine all of the ingredients together and divide evenly into your muffin tin. I've made this recipe several times and end up with about 15 muffins. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes. As soon as you can, take them out of the tin and let them cool on a wire rack or plate.
 


The original recipe for these Sausage Cheese Egg Muffins was posted on the
Nutmeg Notebook. Here are her stats for using egg beaters, skim milk and reduced fat cheese:

"Per Serving: 92 Calories; 3g Fat (26.2% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat. WWPP 2" <Source>

These muffins are great! They're easy to make and easy to heat up in the mornings. I just pop two in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then I'm out the door! Try making a batch on Sunday night to enjoy for breakfast all week long. Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. these look so easy and great! My husband would probably love them. Thank you for linking up with us girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing I need to make for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these are definitely husband approved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jesus those look/sound DE-LISH!!!

    Sorry I'm just now commenting...life has been CRAY these past few days!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really easy and good! We've been having so much linking up with y'all. It's making me and Ang actually do some of the stuff that we've been pinning!

      Delete