Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Friday!

I am so glad that it's finally Friday! D and I have a fun weekend planned...UAH's first home basketball game of the season, going to the AL vs. Texas A&M game, and finishing up some house projects. Yay!

Time for another edition of Friday Favorites!

1) Spinach dip made from Knorr's vegetable soup packet.

Source
We had people over last weekend to watch the AL vs. LSU game (ROLL TIDE!). So after the baby shower, Ang and I whipped up a batch of spinach dip from a recipe on the back of a Knorr's vegetable soup packet. It was soooo good! Thankfully it makes a ton so I've been having that everyday as my after work snack!

2) While we're on the topic of soup, I'm also loving this right now:

Source
You can buy it at most grocery stores, but the cheapest price I've found is at Walmart. Sometimes Target has it on sale too. This stuff is so much better than your average canned soup. It's great for those days when you don't have any leftovers or time to pack lunch.

3) I've already posted about this before but my current favorite treat is anything and everything s'mores!!


My favorite after dinner snack is an indoor s'more. Take one lowfat graham cracker--sprinkle it with mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Broil it in your toaster over or regular over for a few minutes. Almost as good as the real thing by a campfire :)

What are some of your current favorites? Hope you have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Umm it's becoming a problem for me! I have pinned so many s'mores relating things. Oh well :) Thanks for stopping by our blog!

      Delete
  2. The spinach dip sounds good, I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good and so easy! We used as much reduced fat/low fat stuff as possible and left out the green onions. I think the water chestnuts are what make it so good! You'll have to let us know if you make it!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from Friday Favorites...I did a post on making oven smores a week or so ago! How funny!! They are super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel--thanks for stopping by! I'll have to do a little blog stalking and find your post :) We're glad you stopped by our blog!

      Delete
  4. Yum! My bff since 5th grade's mom used to make those for us as midnight snacks! Great memories! Found you via Friday favs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered about that soup so now I will have to try it!! That dip sounds amazing too! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great :) Glad you're hosting the Friday Favorites link up again!

      Delete
  6. Yay, I'm so happy it's Friday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - S'mores are my fave! I just made a s'mores dessert last weekend that was the best one I've ever had! I will probably be posting recipe next week - I wish I still had some left!

    ReplyDelete