Monday, October 22, 2012

Making It Through Monday...

Here we are at another Monday.  Mary and I have sort of slacked on our blogging lately, so please forgive us!  

With that, let me tell you about some eyeshadow I got this weekend.  I know, I know, I've professed my love for ELF makeup already.  Well this is a different brand, but I love it just as much.  Let me present the LORAC Unzipped Pallet!
www.loraccosmetics.com
I got a sample of a LORAC eyeshadow in a shimmery beigey gold (Serenity) in a beauty bag from ULTA quite a while ago.  I started using it and thought it was perfect for daily wear.  Unlike my co-blogger, I'm not the best at doing my own eye make up.  Mary has done as much eye make up for our friends as a celebrity stylist (thanks, Mary! :) )... and she knows what she's doing.  She's so good at using multiple colors to make your eyes really pop.  Maybe I'll get there, but until that day - I slack in the mornings and used just one color.  It really made me look more awake.  I was also impressed with the staying power.  Without eyelid primer, the shadow still stayed put all day.  

So with a short novel of background, you know how I found this brand.  Sadly, my Serenity is starting to run out.  So I ran into ULTA this weekend to get some more.  Sadly, they didn't have any.  But.... they did have the Unzipped Pallet.  The colors are a perfect combination of shimmery and matte nudes and includes an eyelid primer.  I try to stay with more nude colors for the work day... wouldn't want to get too crazy.  This pallet was more than I'd typically spend on make up ($40... yikes!).  But, if it lasts like my Serenity, it was $40 well spent!  

I haven't spent much time playing with it; I just used it for the first time this a.m. (while I put my make up on at work... oops!).  I did branch out and use 2 colors today! :)  I didn't use the primer, but I'd like to try that as well.  I'll work on branching out more... when Mary and I get together in November - maybe she can teach me!

Have y'all used any other LORAC products?  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment