Monday, January 28, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I know, I know, we're in January!  Christmas and New Year's have long passed.  I've been away from posting since I accidentally deleted our blog header.  I've spent far too long trying to learn how to put it back... and I'm still unsuccessful! So if any of our lovely readers can help, don't hesitate! :)

So if I rewind time back a month, we were celebrating Christmas and New Year's in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!


I have a slight massive obsession with my hometown!  We only live 2 hours away now, but I love to go back and spend time there.  I could dedicate a full post to Fairhope, but I won't... at least not now anyway!

Instead let me show who I spent most of my time with!  This is sweet Abbie!

My cousin (Andrew... here's your first shout out!) and his wife (Amanda... hi!! :) ) had this precious girl in June.  I took more pictures of her than anyone or anything else.  She is just so fun with the greatest little personality!  Sadly, I accidentally backed up my new phone and lost so many other pictures, but you'll get the drift.






Lord help y'all when I have a child!  The internet may explode with the ridiculous amount of pictures I'll probably share.  Luckily, Andrew and Amanda's bebe gets to be the superstar for now!

We had so much fun getting everyone together!  Andrew, Amanda, and Abbie came down from Kentucky/Tennessee.  Aunt Denice, Seth, and Chloe all came from Tennessee.  We ate way too much, laughed a lot, and had a pretty sweet (or about 10 pretty sweet) amazing home made Christmas dinner!  Andrew and Seth would probably melt down if I showcased Abbie and ignored their cooking.  They are pretty much pros in the kitchen, so I ate and ate and ate.   If you ever turn down one of their homemade cinnamon rolls (except for Mary, because cinnamon is her sworn enemy forever) I'm not sure we can be friends.  That's just hyperbole of course.... or is it?  Out of all their cooking, there was only one tiny little kitchen mishap.  Andrew's cut was pretty painful... but there was no blood in the food - so we all moved on pretty quickly!

After a super fun (and way too fast) visit, the family headed back to the great white north (and yes, I realize Kentucky and Tennessee are both southern... but they're too cold for my thin blood).  We found sometime to take family photos thanks to my fabulous in-laws gift to my parents!  This is a rare occasion when we can get my dad and brother to take a picture with normal faces...

Dad missed the sunglasses memo

Hawkins and I celebrated the New Year in downtown Fairhope with Nic, Mary, my brother, AJ, and his girlfriend, Laura.  We had a great time hanging out and watching the fireworks!
  






I hope each and everyone of you had a fabulous holiday season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment