Monday, January 14, 2013

Better Late Than Never

And we're back! I can't believe we didn't post for so long...the holidays (National Championship included haha) FLEW by! So even though it's a little late, here's a quick holiday update from the Edgars... (Please excuse all of the iPhone photos)


This Christmas, we realized that we are officially an old married couple. Wanna know why? We got a lawnmower and a grill for Christmas...and we were excited about it!



On Christmas Eve, we went to our church with Dustin's mom and stepdad for the candlelight service. I look forward to that service every year. Not only is it a beautiful service, but it's a fun time to reconnect with people that I haven't seen in awhile. It doesn't feel like Christmas if we skip it!


That night we had my parents and Dustin's parents over for an Italian feast. Dustin's stepdad is an amazing cook--he made Stromboli, spaghetti, homemade meatballs and bread. Check out this delicious stromboli that he made for everyone:


Don't worry...it tastes just as good as it looks! On Christmas day, we opened gifts and hung out with our families. Love getting to spend time with my sweet Granna.



My niece, Bailey, uses her own money to buy everyone a gift at the Dollar Tree every year. We look forward to it because the gifts are usually pretty hilarious. Here's a good example:


Yup, that's right...she bought my dad a tattoo sleeve! She also got this ridiculous, high-tech Connect 4 launcher game. Poor girl didn't even get to play that much because the adults took over. I will forever remember Christmas 2012 as the year I finally beat my brother at something :) 


The day after Christmas, my friend Becky and I went to Meghan (and Byron and Baby H). Becky is cool and lives out in Colorado so we only get to see each other every few years. We had so much fun getting to visit to and from Nashville. Even though it was a quick trip, we enjoyed getting to visit with Meghan and see Baby H's nursery. Can't wait to meet him or her :)


So food, games, family, friends and fun...that about sums up our Christmas! Hope all of our lovely readers had a happy holiday too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment