Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We Bought a House!

On Friday afternoon, D and I bought our first house!!

 

I've heard horror stories about closings, but ours was fine. We went in at 2pm and came out an hour later with a house. I did feel like I signed my life away, but I guess that's ok! We were fortunate to work with a great group of people. Our agent, their agent, the sellers, the mortage broker...everyone was nice and helpful. It was fun to meet the sellers and hear about the house, our neighborhood, and the neighbors. I am super excited that our neighborhood has block parties :)

Our house is awesome but needs a little cosmetic work/updating. As we tackle each room, I promise that I will do tons of detailed posts to show you the befores and afters. Obviously, we haven't finished a room yet, but we did make some good progress over the weekend (shout out to Cat Dawg and Dolla Bill for their help). Here's a little sneak peek of what we've done so far:

Kitchen before...floral wallpaper on the top and textured wallpaper on the bottom

Still a work in progress but no more wallpaper!! The wall is now patched and getting primed.
Master bedroom before...gold and dark. Let us know if you want the curtains. They are up for grabs :)
 
Still working on it but it's looking much better!
 
Thank you for all of your encouragement and excitement for us during the home buying process. It was intense but we couldn't be happier. We are looking forward to making it our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment