Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

In case you haven't noticed, Ang and I are excited for football season! One thing I love about football season is that it allows me to showcase my culinary skills. I may not have mastered the perfect roast or fancy dessert, but I sure as heck can dump a bunch of things together to make a delicious dip. People actually request for my food during football season. For some of you this may be hard to believe, but yes, it happens. My most requested dish? Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip!

Here's what you need...



1 8 oz. block of low fat or fat free cream cheese, softened
1 cup of light or fat free ranch
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (use less if you don't want it to be too hot/spicy)
1 10 oz. can of white meat chicken
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I always forget to set the cream cheese out, so I usually end up putting it in the mixing bowl and sticking it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. When it comes to ranch, I'm pretty picky about the brand I like to use on my salad or with veggies. But with this dip, it doesn't matter. Buy the cheapest ranch you can find. Canned chicken is pretty gross...it makes me gag a little when I open the can. It's cheap and it tastes good in the dip though so I still use it. If it grosses you out too much, you can always use leftover shredded chicken or whatever you have on hand. Dump everything together in a bowl except for 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix it all together and pour the mixture into either an 8x8 or a 9x13 dish--it doesn't really matter. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake it in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. Basically, you're just warming everything up and melting the cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, celery, carrots, crackers, or whatever else sounds good to you. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment