Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

I'm always looking for easy recipes to make on Sunday nights to help get us through the week. This week is one of those weeks where we have a lot going on after work, so it'll be nice to have this taco soup for some lunches and dinners.

I found the recipe for Weight Watchers Taco Soup here.


The original recipe calls for the following:

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey breast
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn

I couldn't find Mexican flavored stewed tomatoes so I used a can of Rotel. I only used half of the onion because my eyes were burning and pouring tears. I think I pinned something once about how to prevent that...future post! I also used black beans instead of hot chili beans.

This soup is so easy to make. You brown the meat and onions, drain the grease, and then dump in everything else. I let mine simmer about an hour and half. Then I separated it into individual servings, topped it with reduced fat cheese, and stuck it in the fridge. We also like to add some hot sauce to ours.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it your own. Add some jalapenos for extra spice, add extra beans in places of meat, etc. I'm sure you could also make this in the crock pot. Let me know how it turns out if you try it that way. Hope you enjoy this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment