Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Keeper!

Happy Valentine's Day Eve y'all! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. As I was making my grocery list the other day, I was really craving something homemade, sweet, and delicious. The thought of going home after work and measuring stuff, getting out my big stand mixer, and making lots of dirty dishes did not sounds appealing though. I also decided it wouldn't be a good idea to make a big batch of something because I knew I would sit around and eat it all by myself...not good!! I turned to one of my favorite blogs, SkinnyTaste, and found a delicious recipe of Gina's. 




Low Fat No Bake Cheesecake (original recipe can be found here)

8 oz light or fat free Cool Whip
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
9" reduced fat graham cracker crust
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions: Whip the cream cheese, lemon and sugar together for a few minutes until it's fluffy. Add the Cool Whip and whip for a few more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust. Let it chill for a few hours and then get to eatin'!

I planned on using my little hand mixer but couldn't find it, so I used my Cuisinart SmartStick instead. It worked like a charm. 

I can probably take the sticker off now...oops!

My mouth was watering due to my excitement of cheesecake for dessert, so I don't think I whipped everything long enough. Other than that, it was DELICIOUS and husband approved! 


Next time, I think I'll add some strawberries or blueberries on top. I also want to try it with an Oreo crust instead of the graham cracker kind. So many possibilities!!

4 comments:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog regularly. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "A Keeper!" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites sweet restaurant in madurai | veg restaurants at pondicherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For Sharing this article.You can
    Learn Quran Online with the Quraneasy Academy. We've now created a series of Quranic Courses for both children and adults, including Quran Memorization and Quran Recitation. Learn to recite the Quran correctly using Tajweed rules online with qualified and expert tutors from Egypt. Professional teachers at the Quraneasy Academy can communicate fluently in Arabic and English, ensuring effective communication and learning. The Quraneasy Academy makes Quran interactive learning possible by utilising cutting-edge software such as video streaming, whiteboarding, screen sharing, and multi-channel audio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QuranEasy is an online platform, which offers Quran Learning from home for kids and adults by certified online Quran tutors. Our mission at Quran Easy is to incorporate the latest methods of teaching to provide our students with the most effective way of learning.

    ReplyDelete